Synonyms for "convince"
Juliane Torunsky
2003-11-10 15:01:11 UTC
Hello!

I have to translate a german article-title into english and I'm
looking for different ways to say:

Product X convinced Company XY

Its just that I feel that "convince" or "persuade" sounds too ...
aggressive in that context.

Do you have any ideas on how to put it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Juliane

zbihniew
2003-11-10 16:09:14 UTC
Post by Juliane Torunsky
Hello!
I have to translate a german article-title into english and I'm
Product X convinced Company XY
Its just that I feel that "convince" or "persuade" sounds too ...
aggressive in that context.
how about "to dispel" or "to satisfy"?
it depends on the context of course

the best and the most proffessional group about translating is imho
pl.hum.tlumaczenia. one usually should ask there in Polish but they may
not mind.
--
zbihniew

ICQ# 340170009
gAKhaMmi nA dHArMa vOor TaNKetIsHUnG

email: zbihniew[at]op[dot]pl
Scotius
Juliane
zbihniew
2004-01-19 14:35:35 UTC
what good is answering an article posted two months earlier?
Mauro Baglieri
2004-02-08 14:18:27 UTC
Use the following:

"made headway into",
"bought into the company's scheme",
"had a positive impact on the company's board..."
"sold its way into the company...."

Mauro

www.ingleseplus.com
Your English Campus a Click Away from Home