Cyrillic
zbihniew
2004-01-17 17:44:54 UTC
A version of "My heart will go on" said to come from Russia
(http://heevla.host.sk/res/evrinaitinmaidrims.mp3) inspired me to write
the lyrics in Cyrillic. You can see the result of my attempt here:

The Cyrillic is used here upon Russian rules (as I can remember them
from what my gaffer taught me at the age of 8 :D). Once I've made up a
whole new system based on Cyrillic which was a perfect thing for writing
English transliterating every phonetic sign in a dictionary into my
Cyrillic letter ;) but unfortunately, I've lost my notes about it (I may
re-invent it at any time).

I'm not sure if this is well-done but it is meant to work such a way
that given this text to a Russian, they can read it in an understandable
way (a way it is sung). Although the pronounciation of the singers may
be a bit controversial, I used it writing this thing. That's why "love"
is written l-yo-v, not l-ya-v.
--
zbihniew

ICQ# 340170009
email: zbihniew[at]op[dot]pl
http://heevla.host.sk

Nyir, far werever yu ar
Ay beliv det may hart wil gow on
Wons mor yu owpen de dor
End yu'r hyir in may hart
End may har wil gow on end on
James Vipond
2004-01-17 18:06:14 UTC
--
James H. Vipond | The "From" address is valid but rarely read.
arlateo @ |
itctel.com | Resident of South Dakota since 1973
zbihniew
2004-01-17 19:23:16 UTC
Post by James Vipond
Having worked on a two-year Russian language class broacast via
satellite television, I can read your transliteration rather easily.
I do have a question: Why do you use the Cyrillic "l" to represent
the sound of the Latin "w"?
That's not Latin "w" (btw, there's no "w" in Latin) but English one.
Russian letter "л" (l) represents - as far as I know - a sound similar
to Esperantese "û" (ux) and English "w", although it is more to "l" than
these sounds. To get a real "l" you should soften the letter by /myakky
znak/ or something like /ye/ or /yu/.
or so I was told by my grandfather :D but that's true according to
transcription instructions in Polish spelling dictionary (published by
the most renowned publishing office here). a propos, such a dictionary
is needed in this almost-phonetical language beucase a few phonems can
be represented by two different graphems.
--
збигнев