check out fon=grafiKs
heron stone
2003-12-04 07:21:00 UTC
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/heronstone/fonegrafiKs.pdf
--
unDO email address
___
Nature, heron stone
to be commanded, mailto:***@comcast.net
must be obeyed. http://home.comcast.net/~heronstone/
Zz
2003-12-08 10:41:56 UTC
check out fon=grafiKs
A different spelling for every pronunciation around the world. How
convenient! Or would you fix the phonetic spelling and ask everyone to learn
which version is correct, then remember whether a word is spelt phonetically
in the local/regional/vocational/class/ethnic dialect or fixed by some
external, arbitrary means? At least the Chinese can read each other where
the differences in pronunciation make the spoken languages incomprehensible!
Once upon a time, English spelling was more or less phonetic in any case. I
blame Caxton myself! Nice try, though.

Zz
heron stone
2003-12-10 03:13:57 UTC
Post by Zz
check out fon=grafiKs
A different spelling for every pronunciation around the world. How
convenient! Or would you fix the phonetic spelling and ask everyone to learn
which version is correct, then remember whether a word is spelt phonetically
in the local/regional/vocational/class/ethnic dialect or fixed by some
external, arbitrary means? At least the Chinese can read each other where
the differences in pronunciation make the spoken languages incomprehensible!
Once upon a time, English spelling was more or less phonetic in any case. I
blame Caxton myself! Nice try, though.
Zz
well, i guess everyone will have to learn to speak correctly... like me.

uel, aygesevryu0nuilhaft=lRnt=sbelkReKtly layKmy

her=n
--
unDO email address
___
Zz
2003-12-10 10:20:44 UTC
Post by heron stone
well, i guess everyone will have to learn to speak correctly... like me.
uel, aygesevryu0nuilhaft=lRnt=sbelkReKtly layKmy
:)
gotcha - but it took me 30 seconds to read... :)